Am I burnt out? It seems to take me about two thirds of my commute before my legs begin to feel lively. Come on, 40 minutes to warm up . . . and in 70 degree temperatures no less . . .?
I don't think it is anything actually physically going on with my body as I feel absolutely fine in every other aspect, aside from the usual minor mid-life aches and pains. My energy level seems high, I'm sleeping well, rising early so I don't think it is burn out. Shit maybe I'm just fading away . . . my my, hey hey.
My weight is up a little. I had it down to around 170-172 a month or so ago but it has been creeping back up over 175 lately. I think it may be related to alcohol consumption as I can think of no other reason. I'm riding as much or more than ever, I'm not eating any differently. I mean its not that I'm a booze hound or anything. I don't drink everyday. Some days, on the weekend, I may have three or four beers. But when I had my weight down to 170, I wasn't drinking at all thus this unscientific and purely speculative theory.
I suppose I should curtail all my alcohol consumption and see if my weight drops again and then I will have a more definitive explanation. But in the face of a four day weekend perhaps I'll postpone the temperance movement until next week.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment