Friday, March 27, 2009

New Pedals - Go 'Cats

New pedals came today. Decided to go with "egg-beaters" this time around, aesthetically I think they fit the spartanly, singlespeed look. Simple, elegant and functional what more could you ask for? Hopefully they will be as effective as they look. I'll have a full review Monday.

Planning on another long Sunday ride although from the weather outlook Saturday looks to be the better day as the wind is supposed to start kicking up again Sunday afternoon. Either day looks decidedly better than anywhere else this time of year. This is the last hard weekend, I'll start tapering down my training in the next two weeks leading up to the race.

This is the time of year that used to kill me when I lived on the east coast. Just about the time we expected winter to loose its icy grip, spring would bring too much variety and unpredictability. We would have a few unbelievably gorgeous spring-like days followed by several absolutely nasty, cold rainy days. Then as summer settled in, the pea-soup humidity would oppress even the haughtiest spirits. Man I love the weather here. Sure we get pretty warm in the summer, but it is still more rideable at 104 degrees than at 24 degrees.

Arizona plays number one Louisville tonight, actually in about 13 minutes. Go 'Cats . . . and good luck, I think you are going to need it to move into the elite eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment