I have my honey-do list which fortunately at this time is quite short. But this morning on the way to work, I was thinking about my gotta-do list. Whereas the honey-do list is something compiled, maintained, monitored and performed for someone else's sake in an effort to preserve peace in the home and more often than not keep the house operating effectively and efficiently, the gotta-do list is strictly self-centric. It is a compilation, more often than not, just in my mind, of the things I have to do for me, to preserve my sanity and keep my mind and body operating effectively and efficiently.
By not relegating it to paper it remains an ephemeral list always changing but staying relevant to my particular frame of mind. For instance this morning, as I struggled to get the engine started (my body's engine), I thought; I gotta get back to my training which having no particular short range goals, having been completely disappointed in the race that wasn't and rehabbing my back most of last week, I've let slip away completely.
That led me to think about upcoming races. Unfortunately, race season is coming to a close in Arizona, so anything longer than a month out is going to mean travel, which means money, which, with a wedding to pay for in October means, it isn't going to happen . . . . this year.
There are two more MBAA race series events I'm thinking about entering. The Flagstaff Frenzy on May 16th and the Flagstaff Finale sometime in June. I may be able to swing those financially . . . time will tell. Maybe I can bring some fresh legs to the events and do some damage to the field. . . I said maybe!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment