On the Sunday shakedown, I noticed a little play in the rear wheel after I locked down the QR skewers so last night I pulled the wheel off, cleaned, repacked the bearings, and adjusted the pre-load to the correct amount. I have two more nights to finish cleaning, lubing and adjusting everything so I'm trying to do it in logical back-to-front process. Tonight the drivetrain, including cranks and bottom bracket.
I found the cause of the rattle in my shift pod was just a loose (not lost) cover screw, quick fix on that, yeah.
Still waiting for my new Ergon GR-2 grips to arrive. I've been tracking them daily and UPS still says they should be here by the 8th. Nothing like taking it to the wire. If all goes well that should be my last "wrench" duty of the week, installing the new grips.
Stepped up the intensity of my morning commute today but not the entire distance. I figure I need to keep my muscle memory tuned in on how to go hard but I don't want to over do it. Also, I've taken to watching my nutrition this week. I've been upping my carb intake (complex carbs as much as possible, whole grains, fruits and veggies galore) and trying to eat a little bit every three to four hours to get the glycogen stores up for the long ride.
Thursday it is off to Gallup, Friday a pre-ride of the course and Saturday (30-40% chance of showers, low 30 high 53) the big day . . . . must remember to bring warm clothes. Hope the change doesn't throw me off too much, it is going to be 90 today in Tucson so 53 (and wet) sounds pretty ominous.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment