Perhaps the Sonny and Cher reference is too obscure for the American Idol generation. . . but you've got to love some well placed la de da de de, la de da de da's . . .
Even with the lower, 97 degree, temperatures yesterday, I didn't seem to keep as cool on my ride home as I pushed it a little harder at the front end than I should have fending off an imaginary (the attack not the guy) attack from some guy on a cross bike. My pannier laden, 700x47mm tired, steel, 29'er, 1x9 and I put up a good fight until, inevitably, cross-bike-guy flew by and I came to my senses backing off the intensity but I think the damage was already done at that point.
Then I slept like crap last night after rehydrating a little too heavily throughout the evening and waking up every three hours or so to urinate. No matter, I was back on the bike for a more relaxed ride in to work after a fairly sluggish, caffeine assisted, start to the morning.
Perhaps I'll have a less aggressive approach to my ride home tonight. I've been fairly successful of late, especially since putting the steel-steed into service, keeping the competitive beast in check. But every so often the reins need to come off and the beast needs to roam lest it atrophy into some eunuchized, pathetic, imitation of itself.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment