Long weekend and a day later, I'm back at it, this blog that is . . . and still maintaining the car free status although I did carpool a couple of times over the weekend with a full carload of people on each occasion. Brought up the subject of my PCH Tour to Lisa which was met with less than enthusiastic support. Actually she supports my efforts but doesn't understand my motivation. Because it is there . . . doesn't really explain in terms understandable to the uninitiated.
I'm beginning to think it will actually be doable. If I can make it through the next 84 days, the hottest part of the year in Tucson, car free, I should be in top shape for the PCH Tour.
Already started some initial planning. Looking at places to stop and stay along the route. The route is chock full of state park campgrounds so that should be no problem. I might only do the PCH route to LA, then AMTRAK it home from there. It is only 38.00 from LA to Tucson on AMTRAK, might be the way to go to avoid making the desert crossing.
Still don't know how people can ship their bikes so cheaply as UPS looks like it will cost $100 or more to ship it to Rohnert Park . . . yet people quote $39.00 shipping for bikes on ebay, through UPS, whats up with that ?
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment