I'm still waiting for my second wind, that mid-week jolt of energy that takes me through the rest of the week but it is Friday and it has yet to make an appearance making it unlikely it will drop-in this week lest my ride home is somehow enlivened this afternoon. As a result, this week's commute has been, for the last couple of days, somewhat of a struggle. On my ride in today, I was forced to take it painfully (or should I say painlessly) slow just to survive the trip. I came to within a hair of calling in sick, sick and tired of working that is, but somehow staved off every part of my being that was pushing me into a sick day.
So here I am, swilling coffee, paying homage to demon caffeine trying to get through the last day of the work week. I'm telling you we Americans have our priorities all screwed up. We should be working four days and taking three day weekends. I think it is time for a culture shift. It wasn't that long ago when the work week was six days. The time has come for a new revolution, time to cut another notch into the sword of worker's rights, time to push for more parity between work and home life. Who doesn't relish the thought of one more day to recreate or, for those unfortunate souls unable or otherwise averse to riding to work, another day to ride?
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment